Emma Bridgewater is a British ceramics manufacturing company founded in 1985 which is named after its founder. Noted for their polka dot design among others, the company specialises in pottery with motifs drawing on techniques stretching back over 200 years. The company is one of the largest pottery manufacturers based entirely in the UK. All their pottery is made from cream-coloured earthenware in our factory in Stoke-on-Trent, the home of British pottery.
Emma Bridgewater has a massive following of customers across the globe, but first amongst equals are those that belong to the ‘Collectors Club’. Members of the club receive advantages over
non-members such as special member days and advance sale access. Emma Bridgewater wanted to add value and recognise these members through special communications and offers that recognised their loyalty.
Creating beautiful, tangible and impactful printed communication that perfectly reflects the quality and originality of the Emma Bridgewater brand; combining personalisation, innovation and maintaining the affinity with the historic tradecraft of ‘the Potteries’ alongside a modern business focussed on retail and e-commerce.
How Romax Met the Challenge
- Working closely with Emma Bridgewater’s in-house design team, we discuss their requirements and provide insight and creative innovation. We then create and test multiple potential packs and designs.
- Using our own print tradecraft combined with the ability to use data to drive dynamic content including, it is possible to produce stunning packs that have immediate cut through, whilst remaining instantly recognisable as Emma Bridgewater.
- Unique codes are added to communications.
- The use of specialist digital print equipment at Romax allows thick stock substrate printing to increase perceived value and implied quality.
- Substrates and stock are tested with multiple versions until the final desired results are achieved.
- Specialist finishing is added including foiling and edge to edge envelope print for impact and enhance the benefits of being an Emma Bridgewater Collector.
- Collectors’ Club members are now increasingly recognised adding increased value to the brand.
- Impactful direct mail communications not only drive immediate sales, but also increase social media and further brand awareness through shared posts containing images of the piece and highlighting new product ranges.
- Unique codes are incorporated creatively without detraction or devaluing brand
- Increased trackability and customer preferences are learned through code based purchase.
Emma Bridgewater and Romax also work closely on their retail catalogue, wholesale and factory focussed communications.