City & Guilds Group Case Study and Testimonial
The City & Guilds Group is a leader in global skills development. Its purpose is to enable people and organisations to develop their skills for personal and economic growth.
The City & Guilds Group approached Romax in September 2015 when they were running a tender exercise relating to the marketing for the launch of the brand new Princess Royal Training Awards. The awards, which are supported by their President, HRH The Princess Royal, were created to highlight the positive impact that training and skills development can have on business performance.
What Romax provided:
- Marketing advice: using our knowledge of the current marketing communications landscape
- Contact database:
- Database build based on contacts provided
- Data research based on target audiences
- Data check ensuring that all contacts can be reached via email, direct mail and telephone
- De-duplication service
- Print management and production of marketing collateral including the print, finishing and spot UV of 10,000 A5 8-page foiled brochures
- Production of a series of communications including digitally printed letters, teaser mailing and awards application packs
- Production and dispatch of emails to specific groups within the database using our dedicated email platform
- Dedicated analytics platform where the client can log in for real time analytics of the performance of the emails. This ensured that the client was able to adjust the campaign strategy and react accordingly
- Online surveys to the 110 awards applicants and the organisations that had registered an interest in the awards. Survey design, data collection and reports.
The targeted marketing strategy facilitated by Romax and marketing materials shared with the contact database helped the Princess Royal Training Awards attract a total of 110 applicants in the inaugural year, which exceeded their target. Applications ranged from national broadcasters and leading UK charities to community bakers, hospitals and tech and engineering companies.
“We are delighted to be working with Romax as they have played an integral part in the success of our marketing campaign. We were able to get insights into trends in direct marketing and this helped us shape our strategy.”
“The team has always been flexible, which was essential for us and has delivered quality work and to (sometimes) tight deadlines! A big thank you to Romax, you really are part of the team!”