Christmas is a busy time for all of us and Christmas campaign development starts in the marketing department as early as in August. However, when planning your campaign, it is essential to post it before the last posting day if you want your customers to receive it before Christmas.
The Royal Mail deadline for second class mail by is Wednesday, December 18 this year. Although, your campaign still can reach the customers if you send it no later than December 20 first-class mail. The very last delivery will be on December 23 through the special delivery services.
When will Royal Mail be closed?
There will be no delivery and collection service on Christmas Day and Boxing day, however, regular services will resume on Friday, December 27. The post office will close again on New Year’s Day and there will be no deliveries or collections. In Scotland post will not operate during January 2, therefore, there will be no deliveries or collections north of the border.
Are you sending the communications abroad? Hurry up!
If your customers are located abroad, you can reach them by using the International Standard (or known as Airmail) service. These are the latest recommended posting dates:
- Monday, December 9 for Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Central and South America, the Far East and the Middle East
- Tuesday, December 10 for Cyprus and Malta
- Wednesday, December 11 for Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia)
- Thursday, December 12 for Greece, Turkey, Australia and New Zealand
- Saturday, December 14 for the Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, Canada and the USA
- Monday, December 16 for Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Portugal, Netherlands, Norway Slovakia, Switzerland and Spain
- Wednesday, December 18 for Belgium, France, Ireland and Luxembourg
Contact us for advice on your Christmas campaign. Our team will make sure all of your communications will be delivered on time!