Careers at Romax
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our growing team so if you do not see the vacancy for you, feel free to send your CV and covering statement to email@example.com
Digital Press Operator (Xerox iGen)
Full-time position – Salary dependent on experience
Romax helps organisations think smarter to build more meaningful relationships that last. We help our clients to use their data more intelligently to produce more effective, joined up communications.
Romax is an ambitious, family business, that has shown exceptional growth in a mature market by providing innovative and outcome focussed, data-driven solutions for our clients.
If you want to help grow our business and are willing to seek out like-minded clients that want to improve their client communications, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Demonstrate curiosity
- Be able to demonstrate how you found a better way
- Have the vision and capability to see the bigger picture
- Put the client’s needs first.
- Like positively persuading people and be personable
You do not need to be the finished article, but you must be able to provide evidence of tenacity; have a unique yet approachable manner that differentiates you from the rest.
Experience can be learnt, your desire to succeed must be in-built. We like to work with inquisitive, open, progressive people who value honesty and want to build mutually beneficial relationships.
- Xerox Certified iGen 3/4/150/5 Operator.
- Experienced in maintenance, fault finding & resolution.
- Experienced in printing personalised variable data jobs.
- Experienced in using EFI Fiery RIP / Command Workstation
- Used a Xerox Nuvera 157, 4127 or other production mono print engine.
Beneficial Experience / Things you could learn from us:
- Skills in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Pitstop.
- Experience in working with data files and setting personalised documents.
- Experience in working with XMPie Desktop Version (InDesign plugin).
- Experience in producing print ready Variable PDF’s or Postscript files.
- Experience in imposing variable data print files for digital print.
- Knowledge and understanding of data files used for direct mail.
- Understanding (not necessarily experience) of the principles behind mail sorting data for postage discounts.
- Being able to instruct a data processor in how to prepare data for complex direct mail artwork setups.
About the job
Working within a busy and fast paced team of 8 Data and Print professionals you will be the main iGen operator, having to maintain and operate with an iGen 5 with Thick Stock addition as well as an iGen 150. As 95% of Romax’s digital print work is variable data, checking merged PDF have been impose and printed correctly through various quality procedures will be a daily practice. As the role is so varied there is lots of potential for the right candidate to learn many new skills within the data processing and artwork sphere.
- Operating and maintaining 2 x Xerox iGen Digital Production Presses
- Operating and maintaining 2 x Xerox D136 Mono Production Presses
- Imposing variable data print using EFI Fiery Command Workstation
- Fault finding on press quality issue
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment
- Carrying out quality checks throughout all work
- Carrying out buddy checks for team members
- Lifting heavy items such as paper reams
If you are interested in the role, please send a CV and brief covering email to Charlie Browning firstname.lastname@example.org